There are many different types of Orthodontic treatment available for all of our patients no matter their age.
Orthodontic for Kids
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends an orthodontic for kids evaluation around the age of 7 to screen for any problematic conditions. This evaluation is coordinated with your child’s six-month appointment and is complimentary. Our experienced and skilled orthodontist, Dr. Rick Wolfgramm will recommend a Growth and Development Plan that will be specific to each child and will monitor dental crowding/tooth eruptions, airway development, delayed or an early loss of baby teeth, crossbites, and jaw growth. Our main goal of early treatment is to make sure we correct any orthodontic issue that, if left untreated, could result in more invasive procedures or future problems.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends early treatment in certain instances to:
- Correct and guide the growth of the jaw
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower dental arches
- Correct thumb-sucking and help improve minor speech problems
- Allow more space for crowded teeth, thus preventing the need for the extraction of permanent teeth later in life
- Prevent trauma or damage to protruding front teeth
- Boost self-esteem and confidence during childhood
This Plan will not only help us make sure your child gets the perfect smile but will allow us to start a comfortable, trusting, and fun relationship. To learn more about the benefits of orthodontics, please contact Adventure Orthodontics to schedule a complimentary consultation.